Music or music videos inspired by Oz

6 replies to this topic

#1 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Hello, guys. To start this topic, I'm copying a segment mentioned within a topic about tv shows.

Eric Gjovaag
<p class="author_info" style="margin: 0px; padding: 15px 10px; width: 155px; float: left; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; color: rgb(41, 68, 51); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15.6000003814697px;">

Royal Historian
  • LocationWashington State

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Posted ImagecarlitOZ, on 26 July 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

I just thought of another medium! Music videos! I cannot think of ANY right now, but there must be at least one, right? Any info, please post it here. Thanks!

*AHEM* See this question in my FAQ: http://thewizardofoz...music_videos.3F. (Some day I will update that with actual links to the videos—or better yet, imbedded playable videos right on the FAQ page.

#2 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, Eric! As always, I miss checking your website, and you remind me of all the goodies that are in there! :)
I'll have some fun now in the coming days taking a look at those videos.

There is one more I just found out yesterday. I had seen the video, but TOTALLY missed any Oz references.
It's Gwen Stefani's "Baby Don't Lie"
https://www.youtube....h?v=9uo9oy-Eqo4

In it you see the b&w beginning, the tornado, the yellow brick road, the tin man, scarecrow and lion (let's say in very weird representations). Oh and she's wearing red shoes too.... ruby perhaps???

By the way, guys, can you post videos in this forum meaning not a link, but the type that you can click play on the video in the post itself??

#3 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostcarlitOZ, on 27 July 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

By the way, guys, can you post videos in this forum meaning not a link, but the type that you can click play on the video in the post itself??

We once had that option, but it appears it's no longer working. There's been several issues with our forum software, but the server guy doesn't seem to know what to do to get it fixed. A similar problem affects the main site, actually.

So, as much as embedded videos would be appreciated, I'm afraid we'll have to stick to linking.

#4 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Thanks, Jared.

#5 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

To continue with this topic, even though this is not a music video, it is related to the music world so I thought it kinda' sorta' fits here. It's the Arctic Monkeys dressed in Oz costumes back at the Brits in 2008.

https://www.youtube....h?v=RgJcLGCSU4k

#6 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

MIRAND LAMBERT - TIN MAN
From her most recent album, she performed this song at the ACM Awards a few days back with a standing ovation. The general public must have liked it. The song rocketed to #1 on iTunes as well as his album. Currently not very much into country music, but I like this ballad and its lyrics.

Hey there Mr. Tin Man
You don't know how lucky you are
You shouldn't spend your whole life wishin'
For something bound to fall apart
Every time you're feeling empty
Better thank you lucky stars
If you ever felt one breaking
You'd never want a heart
Hey there Mr. Tin Man
You don't know how lucky you are
I've been on the road that you're on
It didn't get me very far
You ain't missing nothing
'Cause love is so damn hard
Take it from me darling
You don't want a heart

Hey there Mr. Tin Man
I'm glad we talked this out
You can take mine if you want it
It's in pieces now
By the way there Mr. Tin Man
If you don't mind the scars
You give me your armor
And you can have my heart

#7 Eric Gjovaag

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

Now all it needs is a music video…
Not the first time the Tin Man has been the topic of a hit song. There was also America's song of the same name back in 1974. But that was long before the days of (regular) music videos, and I doubt there's an official video for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users