- - - - -

The Oz Kids on YouTube

9 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

Someone has nicely digitized the Oz Kids series and put them on YouTube. Here's a link to a search result page for their channel.
https://www.youtube....h?query=Oz+Kids
Don't say I didn't ever do anything for you.

#2 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

NO WAY!!!
Thank you so so much, Jay!!! I have been waiting for this for so long! I've been buying the VHS tapes, but getting from there to digitalizing them, it was going to be a long long time (years!). Thank you very much again!!

#3 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

It's like Christmas in April!! :)

#4 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:18 AM

Now that we're on this topic, may I ask you a question. I may have asked it a couple of years ago, but cannot find it.
It's about the tv episodes versus what was released on VHS.
I never quite understood how they organized that. Are the VHS compilations of episodes? Looking at my VHS boxes, I don't see anything like "Contains the following episodes: etc, etc." Or are some VHS tapes full new direct-to-video adventures that were never broadcasted?
Also, it's so hard for me to find the official list of episodes of the tv series. I can't believe it's not easily available. Do you have a link?
Thanks!
Carlo

#5 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

As far as I'm aware, the VHS releases are collections of episodes edited together as movies. There were 26 episodes, and considering episodes were about 20 minutes, it seems all episodes are on the nine VHS releases, just now edited into story arc movies.

#6 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

Thank you, Jay.
The tv episodes I believe is what's available in German on youtube. I was able to find I think 19 of them. I'll see in the coming months by watching the ones you just posted and then taking a look at these German episodes, I may be able to figure out an exact list of episodes and which were included in each American VHS.
Hey, one more thing. You may know. As far as I know the only DVD available of the Oz Kids has always been "The Little Wizard Stories" that has Santa Claus on the cover. It includes 3 episodes: "A Kidnapped Santa", "On The Ice Floe" and "Christmas in Oz". I'm guessing that "A Kidnapped Santa" may be the same as "Who Stole Santa". And "On The Ice Floe" my guess is that it may have been edited into one of the VHS tapes either "Who Stole Santa" or "Christmas In Oz" just based on the wintery theme. Do you have any idea?
http://www.amazon.co...+oz+kids%22+dvd

#7 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostcarlitOZ, on 19 April 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Thank you, Jay.
The tv episodes I believe is what's available in German on youtube. I was able to find I think 19 of them. I'll see in the coming months by watching the ones you just posted and then taking a look at these German episodes, I may be able to figure out an exact list of episodes and which were included in each American VHS.
Hey, one more thing. You may know. As far as I know the only DVD available of the Oz Kids has always been "The Little Wizard Stories" that has Santa Claus on the cover. It includes 3 episodes: "A Kidnapped Santa", "On The Ice Floe" and "Christmas in Oz". I'm guessing that "A Kidnapped Santa" may be the same as "Who Stole Santa". And "On The Ice Floe" my guess is that it may have been edited into one of the VHS tapes either "Who Stole Santa" or "Christmas In Oz" just based on the wintery theme. Do you have any idea?
http://www.amazon.co...+oz+kids%22+dvd

Watch "Who Stole Santa?" then note that it's twice as long as "Christmas in Oz."

#8 theozian1

Wanderer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

well the youtube link is dead, but some other channel recently uploaded who stole santa and the nome prince and the magic belt...or you could just search the internet...

#9 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

While discussing the Oz Kids series on the podcast, we've been looking into the chronology of the series. I can't find a list of the episodes that made up each of the VHS releases, but here's a list of the VHS tape releases in supposed chronological order:

Toto Lost In New York
The Nome Prince and the Magic Belt
Underground Adventure
Who Stole Santa? (made up of "A Kidnapped Santa" and "On the Ice Floe")
Christmas in Oz
Virtual Oz
Journey Beneath the Sea
The Monkey Prince
The Return of Mombi

#10 theozian1

Wanderer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

i seem to remember nicklodeon owning the rights to those since the ads for them were on a good majority of their home video releases...which is actually how i learned about it in the first place

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users