Dorothy doll

1 reply to this topic

#1 CowardlyLion

Royal Historian

• Moderators
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBelen, NM

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

I recently purchased this doll on eBay. She cost next to nothing, so no complaint (I actually paid a lot more in postage than I did for the doll). I'm just wondering what exactly I got. She has Dorothy's traditional pigtails. She is wearing a blue/white checkered shirt, while the rest of her clothes/cowgirl boots are more of a squaredance western style. Molded into her back are the words "Legends of Oz TM 2013 DOZ Bandai." Is this a Baum-based Dorothy or something else? Either way, I think I got a mint condition-looking doll at a bargain price, so no worries. I just kinda want to know if it is OUR Dorothy :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: LegenDorothy.jpg

"To be individual, my friends, to be different from others, is the only way to become distinguished from the common herd. Let us be glad, therefore, that we differ from one another in form and in disposition. Variety is the spice of life and we are various enough to enjoy one another's society; so let us be content."
--the Cowardly Lion of Oz
http://sites.google....owardlylionsite

#2 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

I think someone's re-braided the hair, but yes, it's a doll released to tie in with Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return. So yes, it's Dorothy Gale. I own that one myself as it's the only one of the vinyl dolls that looks like Dorothy in the movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users