The Royal Podcast Of Oz

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Davis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

This might be a bit odd, considering the podcast is considered part of the site, but some might miss it and go straight for the forum.

I've been running The Royal Podcast of Oz since 2009 with interviews with people in the Oz community, chats with other Oz fans, and discussions on Ozzy topics. Also, for L. Frank Baum's birthday we record a short story by him, and for Christmas, a similar production, this time of an Oz-related Christmas story. Each story features a narrator and a voice actor for each role. (Except sometimes the narrator fills in a role as well. Because he's awesome.) Right now, I attempt to release episodes bimonthly.

We currently have a changing podcast and an episode in which we discuss Oz films every month. (Once we run out of Oz movies, we'll move onto something else.)

Our Christmas special this year is a recording of W.W. Denslow's "Dorothy's Christmas Tree" from his Scarecrow and Tin-Man comic strip series.

You can check the podcast site here: http://royalpodcastoz.podbean.com/

But every episode is also announced at the Royal Blog of Oz here: http://newwwoz.blogspot.com/

#2 ozfan95

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:53 PM

Hey man, I've been listening to your podcast, and I love it! I'm glad to find so many Oz fans online!

#3 carlitOZ

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

A few years back I had a very very long flight so I put a good number of the podcasts on my iPod and it was great to listen to them while flying! :)

#4 ozfan95

Royal Historian

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:55 AM

I liked the review on the illustrations from "Ozma of Oz" that they did on the podcast. I wish they would do one on the illustrations from "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users